Cylinder STD CAST - SA52006-A22P
- Ships same day if ordered by 3pm CST
- Calculated at Checkout
Each Complete New Cylinder Assembly contains all of the following new parts: head, barrel, valves, valve seats, valve guides, piston, rings, gasket kit, seals, springs, rotocoils, and rocker shafts (they will not include piston pins or rocker arms).
TSIO-520-A, B, BB, C, D, DB, E, EB, G, H, J, JB, K, KB, L, LB, M, N, NB, P, R, T, U, VB, WB
Features Unique to All Models for Continental Engines
Improved Casting Integrity
- Castings meet stringent porosity and shrinkage requirements.
- Promotes a longer-life cylinder head, less prone to cracking.
- Computer Generated Cylinder Head Fin Configuration .
- More consistent fin thickness and spacing.
- Means more uniform heat transfer and fewer "hot spots", compared to standard factory cylinders.
- Advanced alloys yield 20% greater strength than aerospace industry standards for air-cooled cylinder heads.
- Increases cylinder longevity.
Through hardened 6382 Steel Cylinder Barrel
- Through hardened 6382 Steel Cylinder Barrel. These barrels may be ground oversize and fitted with oversized pistons.
- Optimal barrel choke allows rings and pistons to work properly at normal operating .
- Improves performance and reduces ring and piston wear.
Features Unique to Continental 470/520/550 Engines
New and Improved Rosan Inserts for Exhaust Studs (520 & 550 models)
- Improves exhaust union reliability.
- Stronger Injector Boss. Increased thickness has been added to the injector boss area. Helps reduce cracking.
- Strengthened Rocker Boss Area. Thickened web size reduces cracking.
- Increased Port Wall Thickness and Enlarged Spark Plug Boss .
- Exhaust wall thickness has been increased to reduce premature warping and resist cracking.
Improved Port Design
- 7% better volumetric efficiency
- Smoother port walls reduce drag
*Application information is provided for reference only. Make sure to refer to the applicable airframe/engine manufacturer's manual for exact application information.