Cylinder STD CAST - SA52006-A23P
- Ships same day if ordered by 3pm CST
- Calculated at Checkout
Each Complete New Cylinder Assembly contains all of the following new parts: head, barrel, valves, valve seats, valve guides, piston, rings, gasket kit, seals, springs, rotocoils, and rocker shafts (they will not include piston pins or rocker arms).
Features Unique to All Models for Continental Engines
Improved Casting Integrity
- Castings meet stringent porosity and shrinkage requirements.
- Promotes a longer-life cylinder head, less prone to cracking.
- Computer Generated Cylinder Head Fin Configuration .
- More consistent fin thickness and spacing.
- Means more uniform heat transfer and fewer "hot spots", compared to standard factory cylinders.
- Advanced alloys yield 20% greater strength than aerospace industry standards for air-cooled cylinder heads.
- Increases cylinder longevity.
Through hardened 6382 Steel Cylinder Barrel
- Through hardened 6382 Steel Cylinder Barrel. These barrels may be ground oversize and fitted with oversized pistons.
- Optimal barrel choke allows rings and pistons to work properly at normal operating .
- Improves performance and reduces ring and piston wear.
Features Unique to Continental A-65, C-75/85/90 & O-200/300 Engines
Improved Exhaust Port and Guide Boss
- Exhaust Guide Boss extends to completely surround the exhaust guide.
- Heat is conducted away from the guide to reduce valve sticking and wear.
- Exhaust port wall thickness has been increased to reduce premature warping and cracking.
New Ni-Resist Valve Guide
- Ni-resist exhaust valve guide and chrome-plated valve stem.
- A high performance improvement that reduces valve sticking and wear.
Rocker Shaft Bushings
- Factory installed bushings.
- Provide a superior bearing surface and simplify the repair process.
Features Unique to Continental 470/520/550 Engines
New and Improved Rosan Inserts for Exhaust Studs (520 & 550 models)
- Improves exhaust union reliability.
- Stronger Injector Boss. Increased thickness has been added to the injector boss area. Helps reduce cracking.
- Strengthened Rocker Boss Area. Thickened web size reduces cracking.
- Increased Port Wall Thickness and Enlarged Spark Plug Boss .
- Exhaust wall thickness has been increased to reduce premature warping and resist cracking.
Improved Port Design
- 7% better volumetric efficiency
- Smoother port walls reduce drag
*Application information is provided for reference only. Make sure to refer to the applicable airframe/engine manufacturer's manual for exact application information.