Aircraft Specialties Services Employment Opportunities are published as the need arises. All instructions and deadlines will be observed when applying for open positions.
Aircraft Specialties Services offers an excellent benefit package including immediate accrual of sick leave, select paid holidays, and a contributory retirement plan. Aircraft Specialties Services pays 100% of each qualifying employee’s medical health insurance premium and offers generous subsidies for family/dependent coverage. Other benefits include life insurance, dental and EAP program. Employees with Aircraft Specialties Services may choose to participate in various options for additional life insurance, accident insurance, cancer care and intensive care insurance. All employees are also covered under workers' compensation and unemployment insurance.
Job Title: Manual Machinist - General
Location: 2860 N Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK 74115
Salary: $14-$17/hour, based on experience
Summary of duties and minimum qualifications:
Duties: The successful candidate will utilize general machining skills to make FAA approved repairs to crankshafts and other steel reciprocating engine parts. Our machinists work in a bright, clean, climate-controlled environment along with other experienced professionals.
- 5- 10 years’ machine shop experience in either automotive or aerospace
- Piston engine crankshaft or camshaft grinding/refinishing
- Manual lathe or grinding operator experience, (Berco or Storm Vulcan preferred)
- Manual milling machine and lathe work to within 0.0002 inch tolerance
- Grinding surfaces to finish size.
- Proficiency with the use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring devices
- Excellent reading comprehension and math skills.
- A&P license and/or continuing education
- Experience with NDT procedures, magnetic particle, ultrasonic
- Familiar with aerospace quality control procedures
- Excellent work history and on-time performance
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally
- Professional appearance with mature temper-free demeanor
- Must pass DOT drug test
- Must be flexible - willing to work multiple functions and as part of a team
Download our Employment application below. Please fill out and scan to PDF before sending.
This link is not clickable and will have to be typed into your email program.
Applicants located in the Tulsa area can submit resumes and completed applications directly to:
6333 S Memorial Dr.
Tulsa, OK 74133
In accordance with Title I of the ADA of 1990, Aircraft Specialties Services will not discriminate in any employment practice against qualified individuals with a disability, individuals regarded as having a disability, or individuals with an association with a person with a known disability. Furthermore, it is the policy of Aircraft Specialties Services to provide a reasonable accommodation, if necessary, to all qualified individuals with a disability in order to assure equal opportunity in the application process.
Aircraft Specialties Services is committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. This commitment is supported by our positive and practical efforts to implement a policy of nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action.
Aircraft Specialties Services complies with the nondiscrimination provisions of State and Federal regulations. Aircraft Specialties Services recruits, hires, and promotes employees without discriminating. Personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returning from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are not approved or denied on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.