Millennium Cylinder, Lycoming O-235 Series Engines - SL10302-A21P
- Will Ship in 2-3 Business Days
- Calculated at Checkout
Each Complete New Millennium Parallel Valve Cylinder Assembly contains all of the following new parts: head, barrel, valves, valve seats, valve guides, piston, rings, gasket kit, seals, springs, rotocoils, rocker shafts, and rocker cover (they will not include piston pins or rocker arms).
O-235-K, L, M (Medium Compression)
Features Unique to All Models for Lycoming Engines
Improved Casting Integrity
- Castings meet stringent porosity and shrinkage requirements.
- Promotes a longer-life cylinder head, less prone to cracking.
Computer Generated Cylinder Head Fin Configuration
- More consistent fin thickness and spacing.
- Means more uniform heat transfer and fewer "hot spots", compared to standard competitors cylinders.
- Advanced alloys yield 20% greater strength than aerospace industry standards for air-cooled cylinder heads.
- Increases cylinder longevity.
Through hardened 6382 Steel Cylinder Barrel
- Uniform hardness at any depth with more corrosion resistance.
- These barrels may be ground oversize and fitted with oversized pistons.
- Optimal barrel choke allows rings and pistons to work properly at normal operating temperatures.
- Improves performance and reduces ring and piston wear.
Features Unique to Lycoming 320/360/540 Parallel Head Engines
Increased Wall Thickness and Enlarged Spark Plug Boss
- Exhaust wall thickness has been increased and spark plug boss has been enlarged to reduce premature warping and cracking.
First Production Investment-Cast Aircraft Cylinder for Improved Integrity
- The Millennium parallel head 320/360/540 cylinder castings have a smoother finish for better cooling and improved volumetric efficiency in the ports.
- Smoother surface finish allows better heat transfer.
- Dimensional consistency improves durability.
- A denser raw material with fewer inherent voids and cavities resists cracking.
Improved Port Design
- 6% better volumetric efficiency
- Smoother port walls reduce drag
Features Unique to Lycoming 540 Upexhaust Engines
Increased Thickness in Combustion Chamber Walls & Exhaust Port
- Translates into a longer-life cylinder head, less prone to cracking.
*Application information is provided for reference only. Make sure to refer to the applicable airframe/engine manufacturer's manual for exact application information.