The use of POB #4 Perfect Seal sealant (POB) and silk thread has been used generally for sealing finished parting surfaces that do not employ gaskets. This practice has always been satisfactory when correctly applied. However, Lycoming tested and approved General Electric Company's RTV-102 and LOCTITE-515 as alternate sealants which may be used at field service overhaul facilities where trouble may have been experienced in applying POB and silk thread.
- Used worldwide in the automotive, aircraft and marine industries
- Liquid sealant designed to meet rigid requirements of OEM specifications.
- Non-hardening and resists extreme temperatures.
- Seals all gaskets and threaded connections.
- Prevents corrosion of bolts, studs and fitting threads.
- Resistant to gasoline, oils, steam, salt-water, antifreeze and propane.
- Withstands temperatures from -50 F to 400 F.